- Mothers Prayers: come along and join other mothers and grandmothers to pray for your children and grandchildren. Thursday mornings after 9am mass: 9.45-10.15am. During our meetings we unite in prayer with one another and place the names of our children into a basket at the foot of the cross – offering them into Jesus’ care. We have seen many many answers to our prayers.
- Weekday gospel reflection, prayer and a decade of the rosary in the parish room on Mondays at 9am. All welcome. Feel free to call in for some prayer and fellowship after dropping the children off at school. Pre-schoolers welcome.
- Lectio Divina: reflection and prayer on the gospel of the coming Sunday
Every Friday from 8.45- 9.30am in the parish room with tea and coffee served after 8am Mass.
- Charismatic Prayer Group
This group which meets in the parish room about once a month normally on the second Wednesday from 10.30- 11,30am, as announced in newsletter. Contacts : Margaret Powell or David Edwards
- Konkani prayer group
This group meets in the church for prayer and praise for about an hour on Friday evenings after the evening (5.30pm) mass. We also meet in St Marys Convent on Sundays from 10.30am until 2pm. Half the time is spent in silent adoration in the chapel and the other half in reading and sharing about the Sunday readings. Contacts: Pedro Barreto and John Fernandes
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
For the last two years worship together has involved meeting in the different premises of the CTiSC (Churches Together in the Swindon Centre) congregations, on the days of the Unity octave, for a time of prayer and study in the tradition of the host congregation. Information in the weekly bulletin and on the church notice boards in January. Contact person: Noreen Bint
- Women’s World Day of Prayer
This day of Prayer is the first Friday of March each year. The service is written by an ecumenical group of women from a different country each year. Holy Rood is represented on the group from the town centre and Old Town that organises the annual day of prayer in our area. The Service is held in a different church each year in the morning of the first Friday of March. Posters giving details can be seen on the church notice boards in February. All members of the parish whether male or female are invited to participate. A number of members of the parish support this event and take part in the Service. Please contact Noreen Bint for more information or to offer help with reading, singing etc.